Million Air Dallas is committed to safety. Prior to being employed by Million Air Dallas, a pilot-in-command must have at least 4,000 hours and a second in command must have at least 2,500 hours. Million Air Dallas crew members operate only one specific aircraft make. For example, the LearJet pilots will not fly a Hawker, and vice versa. Crew members have “First Class” medicals every six months and are trained to Part 135 air carrier standards established by the Federal Aviation Administration.
Million Air Dallas crew members undergo a strict, cohesive training including:
- Initial and recurrent simulator training at CAE SimuFlight at DFW, the largest business aviation training facility in the world.
- Million Air Dallas Standard Operating Procedures
- Weather hazards, windshear, icing, and wake turbulence
- Crew member standardization, coordination and cockpit resource
- CRM and First Aid CPR
- Federal Aviation Regulation Review for Parts 91 & 135
- Domestic, Transoceanic, and International procedures
- Avionics, radar, black box, and long range navigation
- Aircraft performance
- Hazardous materials
- Emergency and security